OTOAI is a national, not-for-profit organization comprising India’s outbound tour operators and travel agents as its members. With a targeted membership base of over 2000 members, and regional chapters around India, we are dedicated to develop and promote the highest ethical and professional standards in the travel and tourism industry. We aim to foster an environment of collaboration with various stakeholders through our ideology of collective ambition.
Seven elements of OTOAI Ideology
The organization aspires to be the leading voice on national and global issues of travel, tourism and hospitality industry while propagating fairness, market efficiency, and customer protection.
A Matter of Trust
World economies and markets depend on widespread trust. It is this responsibility – the trust bestowed upon travel professionals – that forms the core of our organizational mission: “To lead the travel industry in India by setting the highest standards of ethics, professional excellence and collaboration with stakeholders while propagating an ideology of collective ambition.”
Seven elements of OTOAI’s Ideology
1. Purpose : OTOAI’s reason for being; why it exists; its core mission.
2. Vision : The position or status OTOAI aspires to.
3. Targets and milestones : The metrics that will be used to assess OTOAI’s progress.
4. Strategic and operational priorities : The actions OTOAI will take (and not take) in pursuit of its vision.
5. Commitments : The commitments OTOAI will make to its stakeholders (members, communities, suppliers, investors, employees, regulators and partners) concerning its activities and conduct.
6. Core values : The guiding principles that dictate what OTOAI stands for in good and bad times.
7. Ethics : The Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct that OTOAI will develop for its members to follow.
Seven Pillars of OTOAI Ideology :
- Creating a Knowledge base for its members
- Encouraging Innovation in the industry
- Providing Support to its members
- Implementing Ethics and Standards in the industry
- Participative Management
- Promoting Entrepreneurship
- Collaboration with Stakeholders